|All workplaces must comply with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 and ensure that all workers are aware of their obligations, are aware of the risks associated with working in a rural environment and are equipped to manage those risks. A trial of a newly developed cane rail siding audit tool has highlighted inconsistencies in the use of protective equipment and a high risk from overhead powerlines.
|Each of the two online inductions consists of approx 6-7 topics that contain relevant information and includes an assessment for each topic. These Harvest Safety Inductions are available 24/7 and can be completed at home with induction cards provided on successful completion - these inductions do not work on Smart Phones or iPads.
- Only persons 15 years of age or over can undertake the siding induction
- You must be licenced to operate a vehicle in a shared workplace (siding)
- A siding induction card needs to be held by operators of any vehicle or item of mechanical equipment within the siding
- Before accessing the online induction, payment needs to be made to CANEGROWERS Mackay by phoning 4944 2600
- When payment has been received (credit card details can be taken by phone), your log-in access and a small user guide will be emailed to you or collected
- When all assessments have been completed, an induction card/s will be posted to you or collected from CANEGROWERS Mackay Reception including your receipt if payment was made by phone.
- the seasonal Harvest Safety Inductions are valid for three (3) years
|Costs for the online inductions: CANEGROWERS Mackay Members $30.00 (inc. GST) and Non-Members $78.00 (inc. GST)
|1. Sugar Cane Siding
The siding or delivery point is considered a workplace and as such presents a number of risks and hazards which need to be managed. This online siding induction are for all siding users (Growers, including family members, employees or contractors and contractor's employees) who may be required to enter a siding during their working day.
|2. Participate in Work Health and Safety Processes
General farm safety induction of all workers.
|3. Look up and live App and rotamarkers are available for installation on properties - ERGON ENERGY
Ergon Energy has recently released a trial of a new powerline safety planning tool on lookupandlive.com.au that assists landowners to adequately plan work around powerlines, when planning work near powerlines.
|It is very important that powerline markers are installed to ensure harvesters and farm machinery operators keep the powerline hazards front of mind. Ergon now also have new very visible powerline markers called rotamarkers available for installation on properties. The rotating motion of these red and white markers draws the attention of operators and reduces the chance of operators having inattentional blindness and not seeing the powerlines when operating near them. Glen Cook from Ergon Energy talks about the rotamarkers in the attached video. https://youtu.be/swNAyr-MgG0|
|Contact 4944 2600 to organise payment and your username and password to access the online inductions.|
|CANEGROWERS Mackay holds the intellectual property rights of these online inductions. It must not be amended or copied without prior permission.|